Thursday 18 February 2010

Colour Correction Blues

Geeky Spoddiness alert.

Post production for Going On is taking ages because a) there's loads of it and only one of me b) we had to ADR (dub the dialogue) in a scene and syncing it is difficult c) my camera is broke and d) colour correction is a freakin' nightmare.

Colour correction is basically the process of making the colours the camera sees look like the colours we see in what is sometimes laughably called the real world. I made the mistake of looking it up online and found this mind mangling optical illusion that explains why colour correction is vitally important and totally impossible in one brain frying swoop.

Which square is white and which is grey A or B?















I tricked ya!
They're both grey. I shit you not. Don't believe me? this helpful chap explains why in a great little article on colour correction.

As you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment